< go back

About Application Process

1. Can I really complete the application process by myself?

Yes, you can complete the application process on your own. Even for those with little English ability with the resources available on the Internet, it is easy to find information and opinions of other students who studied at the school you might be considering. As long as you pay careful attention to details, follow all the instructions given to you from the school and give enough time to the admissions office to process your application, you should be able to do everything yourself.

2. How proficient in English do I need to be to complete the application process myself?

A basic level of English and some knowledge of the steps necessary should be sufficient to complete the application process by yourself. Most programs to which students apply request similar information from applicants. You should familiarize yourself with important English terms associated with the application process and, if you encounter any confusion contact us. ForisHub also provides an optional Agent Support in your language that will help you step by step through the application process.

3. What do I need to do if I want to change my course before I arrive?

You must contact us or your school’s admissions office immediately if you need to change your course. When contacting the admissions office, be sure to provide your full name, your enrollment identification number, the date you applied to the school’s program and the course starting date in order for the office to help you. Once the course change request has been received, you should be sent a revised invoice and enrollment confirmation reflecting the new course. Be sure to check after you receive the new invoice whether you need to send additional money or if you might be due a refund. Refund policies differ at each school so make sure you check with the admissions office and be patient as most refund issues take some time. Most schools require that full payment be made for your requested course prior to your first class, so make sure you take care of this before you arrive.

4. How do I pay the school’s Application Fee?

You can pay the school’s Application Fee with any major credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express). After filling out the ForisHub online application form you will be redirect to PayPal. All payments will be processed through PayPal to ensure you safe and secure transactions.

5. How do I pay the school’s deposit?

While your application is being processed, your school may request a tuition deposit in order to confirm your attendance for the upcoming English course. The tuition deposit, which is separate from your application fee, should be paid before you arrive at the school. It is the first payment of your total tuition costs and, depending on the school, can be paid by all major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard or American Express), wire transfer or check. The tuition deposit amount varies among schools. Please wait until further instructions are provided by your school’s admissions office.

6. How much money do I need to guarantee on my financial statements?

The amount of money needed to be shown on the requested financial statement varies both by the school and by the course. Generally speaking, if you are applying for a Student Visa you will need an original bank statement in English showing at least $3,000 United States dollars available.

7. If I provide the school with my family member’s bank statement, what supporting documents do I need to send?

If you are providing a financial statement other than your own (parent, spouse, etc.) during your application form, you must additionally submit a Financial Support Letter from your sponsor. It is important that you send your sponsor letter and information along with the additional documentation required by your school’s admissions office in order to be admitted to the program.

8. Can I extend the length of my study once I arrive at the school?

Yes, you should be able to extend your study period at the school once you complete your program, if your attendance is acceptable and the school feels your English language ability has sufficiently improved during the course of your studies. Many students choose to extend their stay once they begin their program. Please be sure to ask the school directly about their program’s policies after you arrive.

9. What steps do I need to take if I choose to transfer to a different school?

Transferring to another school is not hard if you follow the steps correctly. When transferring to another school, it is essential that you inform your current school and contact your new school’s admissions office to educate yourself about their transferring terms and conditions. Follow the instructions given to you by your new program’s student advisor carefully and provide all the necessary information required to begin processing your transfer. If you are a student already studying in the United States and wish to transfer, be sure to clarify your current visa status and be prepared to provide your new program’s admissions office with all the documents required. For more informations click here.

10. Can I remain in the United States while my student visa is still valid?

Just because you have a valid student visa does not necessarily mean that you are allowed to stay in the United States for the entire period allowed by it. The length of your student visa and the number of days you can stay in the country may be different. Your student visa is the document you need in order to enter the country and the I-20 document provided to you by the school will note the specific period of time you are allowed to stay. When a student visa has expired, a full-time student in status may stay legally in the United States as long as they possess a valid I-20 document. If you successfully complete your course and your student visa is valid, you may stay in the United States legally for 60 days, but unless you extend your study program, you must return to your country after that.

11. Can I change my non-student visa while in the United States?

In general, no, you cannot change your non-student visa while in the United States. In order to change another visa to an F-1 Student Visa, you must be a full-time student and have the school issue an I-20 form. With the I-20 form in-hand, usually students leave the United States and go to the nearest American Embassy or Consulate in their home country to be issued a valid F-1 Student Visa. With the newly issued visa, students can re-enter the United States for study. Ask your school representative for more information.

< go back